Alphabet bingo is fun for kids of all ages. It is the perfect way to introduce your kids to letter recognition that combines learning and fun. Just download, print, and play in minutes.
Preschoolers love to play games, and as a mom, I love to encourage learning at the same time. That is why I am a huge fan of this alphabet bingo game. It combines learning and fun into one fun activity that the whole family enjoys playing together.
It is so easy to play. All you have to do is print the alphabet bingo cards, laminate them, cut out the calling cards, and you are ready to begin. Draw one of the calling cards out of the mixed up pieces and announce the letter to everyone playing. More advanced preschoolers can look for the letter on their own and mark it with a marker. For younger kids, don’t forget to show them the letter so they can look for the corresponding letter on their game board.
With every round your preschooler will become more and more confident with the alphabet.
If your family or students love bingo as much as we do, be sure to grab our Valentine’s Bingo, Halloween Bingo, and Fall Bingo as well. Try them at your next gathering or just on a fun afternoon activity. These are the perfect addition to school parties.
How to Play Alphabet Bingo
Looking for a fun and easy game to play, look no further than Alphabet Bingo.
- You will need to first download the 8 Alphabet Bingo Cards. You will then want to print them on regular paper. Printing them on cardstock is a great option. We even laminate them so we can use them over and over. You can print the PDF at home or at your neighborhood print shop, whichever is easier for you.
- You will find the calling card squares on the last page of the PDF. Don’t forget to print and cut them out. Once cut, we usually laminate them for added durability.
- Grab some objects to mark each square. If the cards are laminated, you can use dry-erase markers. These will wipe clean. You can also use small candies, cereal pieces, pom pom balls, or whatever else you have on hand. Just be sure each player has enough markers to get a bingo.
- Your caller will then get to draw from the calling cards pile, bowl, or bag; they will say the letter or say the letter sound on the card.
- The first player to get 5 markers in a row wins, diagonal, horizontal, or vertical, and yells “Bingo” to win the game.
- Once someone wins, you can clear the boards and start the game over.
Tips for Using Alphabet Bingo
- Print on cardstock and laminate for added durability.
- Use alphabet bingo in many different ways. For beginners, say the letter and show the picture, for more advanced players just say the letter; for advanced learners, say the sound and have them find the letter on their board that makes that sound.
- It would be fun to use letters as markers and see if they can match the letter on the card with the letter marker.
- You could use pictures of animals that start with a letter on the cards to see if they can match the letters to the animal.
Benefits of Playing Bingo
There is more than fun that comes from playing alphabet Bingo.
- Letter recognition.
- Working on fine motor skills.
- Being a good sport.
- A fun way to learn new things so they enjoy learning.
- Bonding as a family as you play a fun game.
Printable Alphabet Bingo Game Boards
You can grab your alphabet bingo game by joining our email lists. You can also buy them here if you aren’t quite ready to join our email list.
What’s Included in Alphabet Bingo
- Eight bingo cards
- Calling card sheet
Can I use these Alphabet Bingo Cards in the classroom?
Yes, you can use these alphabet bingo cards in the classroom. When playing bingo with an entire class, it helps to divide the kids into small teams so you can use the eight cards for the classroom.
How to Print Your Alphabet Bingo Cards
You will want to print these on heavy-weight cardstock at home. You can also print them at a local print shop. It is pretty low-cost to get them printed that way if you choose that option.
Laminating your bingo cards is also something to consider to make them more durable.
Looking for More Bingo Fun? Check These Out!
- Fall Bingo
- Halloween Bingo
- Thanksgiving Bingo
- Valentine’s Day Bingo
- Christmas Bingo
- St. Patrick’s Day Bingo
- Fun and Exciting Alphabet Bingo
- Printable Dinosaur Bingo
How Do I Access My Printable?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable found on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.