Golf is a favorite pastime for many people. How much do you know about the game? Test your knowledge with our Golf Trivia. Do you know what a bogey is or a hole in one? Use these questions to find out how much you know about golf. All you need to have fun at your next gathering is this game.
I know my family love to play games that test how much we know, trivia games are a staple in our house. We like to see who knows the most and see if we can be the one that beats the others. Some of the favorites that we have in our family are Football Trivia, Baseball Trivia, and 100 Fun and Challenging Teen Trivia Questions.
Use these at your next family gathering, at the dinner table, or even on your next road trip to find a fun way to pass the time.
Why I Love Trivia Games
Trivia is a fun game that can help people know more about a topic in a fun way. I have used trivia with my kids to help them learn about a topic that they may not know much about. It is a fun enjoyable way to learn new things and in a way not even know you’re being taught something. I will take what I learned and talk to my friends about it the next day. It also gives you a healthy way to teach competition to your kids and learn good sportsmanship.
How To Play Trivia
- First, find the trivia game you want to play, we have several to choose from.
- Divide into even teams, make sure that not all the adults are on the same team and not all the little kids are on the same team.
- Each team will take a turn answering a question that someone from the other team reads to them.
- Each team gets a turn to answer the question. They take turns reading each other the questions and if they get it right they get the points.
- When all the questions have been read off you total the scores and whoever has the most points wins.
Benefits Of Trivia Games
Here are some of the benefits of playing trivia games.
- Teach sportsmanship with healthy competition.
- Spending time together as a family creates a bond.
- We can learn teamwork.
- Make learning fun.
Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks that you might like to try.
- You could just play as individuals and not teams and see who knows the most about that topic.
- Bring it along on your next road trip and fill the time with a few questions and see how fast the time goes.
- Pair up an adult with a kid and see which pair might know the most.
- Find fun prizes for the team that wins, and keep a prize box in the house for those moments.
Golf Trivia Questions
There are these free questions are fun to have when we need a quick free game on a budget. We also have a convenient printable version in our store, linked above.
- How many British golfers have won the Masters Tournament? 4 (Nick Faldo, Sandy Lyle, Ian Woosnam, and Danny Willett)
- “Golf is a good walk spoiled” is a popular quote often misattributed to which American novelist? Mark Twain (While there have been variations of this joke over the years, no one ever actually said the exact phrase!)
- During World War II, which famous Golf course was closed and turned over to the breeding of cattle and turkeys to aid the war effort? Augusta National Golf Course
- In 1997 which celebrity singer acquired ‘The Mirage’ a superb complex with two 18-hole courses located in Terrebonne, Quebec? Celine Dion
- In 2007, which golfer became the first winner of the FedEx Cup? Tiger Woods
- The figure atop the Ryder Cup was modeled after which professional golfer who happened to be Samuel Ryder’s private coach as well? Henry Abraham Mitchell
- The nickname of a South Vietnamese combat buddy named Vuong Dang Phong inspired the nickname of which legendary Golfer? Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods
Love Trivia Questions? Grab this ultimate trivia bundle!
- Why was Golf banned throughout Scotland in 1400 by the parliament? It hampered the military training
- The Ryder Cup was originally contested between which two teams? Great Britain and the United States
- Which golfer set the record for the lowest aggregate 72-hole score in the PGA Championship when he won the tournament with a 16 under-par score of 264 in 2018? Brooks Koepka
- Which is the first golf tournament to be televised? The 1947 U.S. Open at St Louis Country Club
- Which legendary Golfer became the first woman to have competed against men while taking part in the 1938 Los Angeles Open, a PGA tournament? Mildred Ella “Babe” Didrikson Zaharias
- 13,025 feet above sea level in the Himalayas, East Sikkim, India which is the highest Golf course in the world? Yak golf course
- A golfer on the PGA Tour carries how many golf clubs in their bag? 14
- According to a popular myth though entirely incorrect, who is the player depicted in the PGA TOUR logo’s silhouette? Ben Hogan
- According to the Oxford English Dictionary, which Golf term comes from the French word for “a younger son or younger brother, or the junior branch of the family”? Caddy is from the French word Cadet
- Also called “Overlapping grip,” which most popular grip technique among golfers is named after a professional golfer who won the 1900 US Open? The Vardon Grip (Named after Henry William Vardon)
- An avid golfer, which popular actor has a contract clause to play golf twice a week whenever he films movies? Samuel L. Jackson
- Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and which other legendary Golfer were “The Big Three” in golf during the 1960s? Gary Player
- As mentioned on the USGA website, The Country Club in Atlantic City lay claim to the first use of which term that comes from the early 20th-century American slang term meaning “anything excellent”? Birdie (a score of one stroke under Par)
- As of 2020, how many times has the International Team won the Presidents Cup? Once
- At age 10, who became the youngest player to qualify for a USGA amateur championship and also became the youngest winner of the U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links? Michelle Wie
- At the age of 71 years and 261 days, who became the oldest player to make the cut on any major professional tour? Bob Charles
- Back in 2014, which celebrity Golfer became the third player after Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods to win three majors by the age of 25 and the first European to win three different major titles? Rory McIlroy
- By how many shots did Tiger Woods win the 2000 U.S. Open? 15
- Founded by Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts, which golf course was designed by Jones and Alister MacKenzie and opened for play in 1932? Augusta National Golf Club
- Charles M. Schulz, the creator of the comic strip Peanuts was an avid golfer and fan; frequently named which famous golfer in the comic strip at the height of his popularity during the 1950s? Sam Snead
- During the 1967 US Open, which popular nickname of a legendary Golfer was coined by Australian sportswriter Don Lawrence based on the Golfer’s blonde hair and large and strong physique? “Golden Bear” – the nickname of Jack Nicklaus
- Gene Sarazen was one of the top professional golf players of the 1920s and 1930s, what was his nickname? The Squire
- Golf Digest is a monthly golf magazine published by which American group? Discovery Ink
- How many major championships has Tiger Woods won as of January 2022? 15
- Howdy Giles, a dentist was the best friend of a legendary Golfer. Giles wrote a book about their friendship called The King and I. Who is this legendary Golfer? Arnold Palmer
- In 1922, who became the first American-born winner of The Open Championship? Walter Hagen
- In 1949 who became the first winner to be honored with the now-famous Green Jacket? Sam Snead
- In 1990, which British golfer became the first player to win back-to-back Masters titles since Jack Nicklaus in 1965/66? Nick Faldo
- In 1990, who became the oldest-ever winner of the U.S. Open at 45 years of age? Hale Irwin
- In the 15th century while living in France, which Royal figure became the first female to play the game of golf? Mary Queen of Scots
- In the 1993 U.S. Masters, Germany’s Bernhard Langer was the last player to win a Major championship. What was so unique about his win? Bernhard Langer was the last player to win a Major using a wooden-headed driver
- In which of golf’s Major tournaments is the winner presented with a green jacket? The Masters
- Known for its celebrity sightings, which is the most expensive public golf course in the world designed by Tom Fazio? Las Vegas’ Shadow Creek Golf Course
- Nicknamed ‘Lefty’, which famous golfer has won every major except the US Open? Philip Mickelson
- Nicknamed “The Big Fijian”, which well-known Golfer held Number 1 in the Official World Golf Ranking for 32 weeks in 2004 and 2005? Vijay Singh
- One of the finest American professional golfers, whose record of 113 consecutive cuts made is second only to Tiger Woods’s 142? Byron Nelson
- Prior to the 1957 Masters, which American professional golfer and two-time major golf champion not only predicted his victory but his winning score of 283 as well? Doug Ford
- Regarded as the “Home of Golf”, which Scottish town has one of the oldest courses in the world? St Andrews, Scotland
- The most holes of golf played in a year is 14,625 by which Canadian golfer? Chris Adam
- Replaced by the Claret Jug for the 1872 Open Championship what was originally awarded to the winner of The Open Championship from 1860-1870? The challenge Belt
- Santander Airport, an international airport near Santander, Spain was renamed after which legendary Golfer, one of the sport’s leading figures from the 1970s to the 1990s? Seve Ballesteros
- The daughter of which 1998 Australian Open tennis champion won the Olympic gold medal at the women’s individual golf tournament at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics? Peter Korda (His daughter Nelly Korda is an Olympic gold medalist golfer)
- The Golf Champion Trophy awarded to the winner of The Open Championship (also called the “British Open”) is commonly known as what? The Claret Jug
- The Wanamaker Trophy is awarded to the winner of which prestigious tournament? The PGA Championship
- The PGA European Tour is an organization that operates the 3 leading men’s professional golf tours in Europe: the Elite European Tour, The European Senior Tour, and what other tour? The Challenge Tour
- The Royal and Ancient Golf Club is the oldest golf club in the world and is considered to be the home of golf. In which country is it found? Scotland (in the town of St. Andrews)
- The winner of a record eight Player of the Year awards, who is the only female golfer to shoot a 59 in competition? Annika Sörenstam
- Tiger Woods became a professional golfer in what year? 1996
- True or False: the word Golf stands for – “Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden”? False
- True or False: Upon reaching the putting green, a player may change his ball for the putt. False
- Two professional golfers appeared in the 1996 golf film ‘Happy Gilmore’. One of them is Mark Lye, name the other one. Lee Trevino
- What is the appropriate loft range for a sand wedge? 54-58º
- What is the diameter of the hole in golf? 4.25 inches
- What is the maximum number of golf clubs allowed in a golf bag? 14
- What is the maximum weight of a golf ball? 1.620 ounces (45.93 grams)
- What is the name of the biennial tournament between the women golfers of Europe and the United States? The Solheim Cup
- What is the name of the highest honor given by the USGA to an individual for demonstrating the spirit, personal character, and respect for the game of Golf, and was named after an American golfer? The Bob Jones Award
- Where is the World Golf Hall of Fame located? St Augustine, Florida
- Which 2020 PGA champion has breakfast food words stamped on his clubs? Collin Morikawa
- Which American Golfer got his nickname “The Scientist” because of his analytical and scientific approaches to the sport? Bryson DeChambeau
- Which Argentinian golfer was the first South American to win the U.S. Open, winning the tournament in 2007? Angel Cabrera
- What is the name of the highest honor given by the USGA to an individual for demonstrating the spirit, personal character, and respect for the game of Golf, and was named after an American golfer? The Solheim Cup (named after the Norwegian-American golf club manufacturer Karsten Solheim)
- Which celebrity golfer became the first Englishman to win the Masters? Nick Faldo
- Which famous golfer died in a plane crash in South Dakota on 25th October 1999? Payne Stewart
- Which famous Golfer is nicknamed “The Great White Shark” or simply “The Shark” – a reference to his blond hair, size, aggressive golf style, and in reflection to the native coastal animal of his birthplace? Greg Norman
- Which former US President was elected to the Golf Hall of Fame in 2011? George H.W. Bush
- Which golf course has been home to The Players Championship since 1982? TPC at Sawgrass
- Which golf legend has won The Masters the most times? Jack Nicklaus
- Which golfer holds the record for the most Major tournament wins? Jack Nicklaus with 18 wins
- Which golfer posted a PGA Tour record low score of 58 in the final round of the 2016 Travelers Championship? Jim Furyk
- Which golfer won The Open Championship 5 times between 1975 and 1983? Tom Watson
- Which golfer’s nickname is “The Big Easy”? Ernie Els
- Which is the first of the four Major tournaments to be held each year? The Masters
- Which is the only major golf tournament to be played on the same course each year? The US Masters
- Which is the only one of the four golf Major tournaments not to be held in the United States? The Open Championship
- Which is the only one of the four Major tournaments that Greg Norman won in his career? The Open Championship, in 1986 and 1993
- Which is the only one of the four Major tournaments that Phil Mickelson hasn’t won? The U.S. Open, although he has finished runner-up 6 times!
- Which legendary Golfer once reviewed Bill Clinton’s golf game by saying: “He can hit a long way, he just doesn’t have a ZIP code”? Arnold Palmer
- Which Spanish golfer holds the record for the most tournament wins on the PGA European tour, with 50 titles? Seve Ballesteros
- Which Swiss golfer has set a new Guinness World Record for the most holes played in 12 hours whilst walking, racking up an incredible 252 holes on 21 May 2021? Jürg Randegger
- Which well-known golfer is nicknamed “El Nino”? Sergio Garcia
- Who is the most successful captain of the European Ryder Cup team? Tony Jacklin (having won the Cup during 3 out of 4 captaincies)
- Who is the only golfer to hold all 4 modern Major titles at the same time (although it doesn’t count as a grand slam as he didn’t win them all in the same calendar year)? Tiger Woods, (when he won the U.S. Open, Open Championship, and PGA Championship in 2000 and the 2001 Masters)
- Who is the only tour rookie to win a PGA major? John Daly (in 1991)
- Who was the first and the only known person to have played golf on the moon? NASA astronaut Alan Shepard (on 6 Feb. 1971)
- Who was the first British golfer to win The Masters? Sandy Lyle, in 1988
- Who was the first Irish golfer to win multiple major championships? Padraig Harrington
- Who was the first professional golfer to shoot a 9 under par at a US Open event? Justin Thomas (at Erin Hills in 2017)
- Who was the first U.S.-born golfer to win the U.S. Open? John J. McDermott
- Who was the youngest-ever winner on the PGA tour? Phachara Khongwatmai (14 years)
- Who won the U.S. Open in 2017 and 2018, and the PGA Championship in 2018 and 2019, thus becoming the first golfer in history to hold back-to-back titles in two majors simultaneously? Brooks Koepka
- Why was Golf banned throughout Scotland in 1400 by the parliament? It hampered the military training
- William Taylor, an English engineer and manufacturer registered a patent for what in 1905? A dimple design Golf ball
There you go! Do you know any other golf trivia? Leave it in the comments! We’d love to know.
Are you a fan of trivia? Check out our other awesome trivia questions now!
- Bible Trivia
- Easter Bible Trivia
- Chick Flick Trivia
- Winter Sports Trivia
- Outdoor Trivia
- Spring Break Trivia
- Halloween Trivia
- Thanksgiving Trivia
- Baseball Trivia
- Christmas Trivia
- Dog Trivia
- Sports Trivia
- Teen Trivia
- Trivia for Kids
- Football Trivia
- Best Trivia Questions for Kids and Adults
- Music Trivia
- History Trivia
- Valentine’s Day Trivia
- Geography Trivia Questions
- Dinosaur Trivia
- Golf Trivia
- Science Trivia
- Shark Trivia Questions and Answers
- Ocean Trivia Question and Answers
- Amazing Art Trivia
- Super Sweet Candy Trivia
- Beautiful Spring Trivia
- Horse Trivia Questions and Answers
If you’re ready to show off your trivia skills, make sure to subscribe to our email list! That way, you’ll be the first to know when we’ve added new topics for even more brain-teasing fun.
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.