Get your cat knowledge ready because we are about to test it on all levels with these Cat Trivia questions. See if you are the cat fact expert with these fun cat trivia questions. Just download the printable cat trivia questions and see who’s the cat trivia champion!
Trivia games have become the highlight of our family’s weekly game night. The excitement builds as everyone eagerly awaits the topic that we choose for that week. Some of our favorites are Dog Trivia, Spring Break Trivia, and Chick Flick Trivia.
Personally, I’m open to any topic as long as we’re all together, enjoying ourselves, having a blast, and testing our skills. It’s no easy task to find games that cater to everyone’s evolving interests as they grow older, but Trivia Games have consistently exceeded our expectations.
One thing that I love about trivia games is their ability to bring people of all ages and diverse interests together. As a unified team, we work collaboratively, giving everyone a fair shot at victory. This inclusive nature ensures that every member of the family can participate, fostering a sense of camaraderie and excitement throughout the game.
Why I Love Trivia Games
Trivia is the perfect way to captivate and involve kids and teens in our family activities. With all the distractions we have, trivia consistently ignites their interest without fail. They love the opportunity to demonstrate their intelligence and claim the title of trivia champion. Trivia allows us to spontaneously bond and enjoy each other’s company as a family whenever we have a few moments to connect.
Trivia is a great way to gain knowledge that you might not otherwise gain. Whenever I introduce a fresh trivia topic, like cat trivia, I see my kids eagerly learning everything they can to become the ultimate trivia champions. The quest for victory becomes a catalyst for self-guided exploration, expanding their horizons and broadening their understanding.
The social aspect of trivia nights/games holds a special place in my heart. It offers an ideal platform for honing communication skills, fostering teamwork, and engaging in lively conversations with others. Trivia encourages cooperative problem-solving and facilitates the development of vital interpersonal abilities that they might usually get otherwise.
Lastly, trivia is an absolute blast! Laughter and love resonate throughout the room. It never ceases to amaze us how a few comical or unexpected answers can leave us laughing for days.
How To Play Trivia
It is easy to play trivia with friends and family.
- Before embarking on a purrfect cat trivia night, you’ll need to decide if you are playing as teams or as individual contestants. If there are younger kids participating, team play can allow them to join in the fun too.
- When it comes to the format of the game, there are a few options to consider. You can designate a moderator who will read the questions aloud, adding an element of suspense. Alternatively, for added variety, teams can take turns reading the questions to keep things engaging.
- As for the gameplay itself, you have a choice. You can opt for a competitive approach where participants race to buzz in with the correct answers, injecting an exciting sense of urgency or choose a turn-based system, allowing each team a certain amount of time to answer each question thoughtfully.
- You can either play until a specific point threshold is reached or set a time limit for the overall gameplay, ensuring the fun is evenly distributed.
- At the end of the whisker-filled adventure, the team with the highest score shall proudly claim the title of ultimate cat trivia champion. Meowvelous!
Benefits Of Trivia Games
There are so many benefits to trivia games.
- Playing trivia cultivates teamwork as players unite their efforts toward a common goal.
- Trivia is great for all ages and backgrounds. Regardless of one’s knowledge or expertise, everyone can actively participate.
- Whether it’s a lively social gathering, a cherished family get-together, or an interactive classroom environment, trivia helps bring people together and foster a genuine sense of connection.
- Trivia games instill a lifelong thirst for knowledge.
Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks for playing trivia games.
- Gain Knowledge: Before trivia night, broaden your knowledge on the topic as much as you can. Read books, watch documentaries, follow current events, and engage in lifelong learning to enhance your trivia knowledge.
- Form a Diverse Team: Collaborate with teammates who possess a wide range of expertise. By combining different areas of knowledge, you can cover more ground and increase your chances of answering a variety of questions correctly.
- Practice Regularly: Familiarize yourself with different trivia formats and question styles. Practice answering questions under timed conditions to enhance your speed and accuracy.
- Stay Calm and Focused: During trivia night, remain composed and focused. Avoid letting pressure or time constraints overwhelm you. Take a deep breath, listen to each question carefully,
- Listen Attentively: Pay close attention to both the questions and other teams’ responses. Even if you don’t know the answer, you might pick up valuable clues from the discussions or hints provided by the moderator.
- Communicate Effectively: If you’re playing as a team, establish clear communication to ensure efficient sharing of knowledge and ideas.
Cat Trivia Questions
Here you will find all cat trivia questions; you can grab our downloadable cat trivia PDF, or bookmark this page to return to when you need more cat trivia questions. Feel free to go check those out as well.
At what age is a cat no longer considered a kitten?Cats are technically considered kittens until they turn one year old.
What is a group of kittens called?A group of kittens is called a kindle. Once they reach adulthood, however, a group of cats is called a clowder.
True or False: Cats are more popular pets than dogsTrue! While there are roughly 94.2 million household cats in the United States, there are only about 89.7 million dogs.
What is the average length of a cat pregnancy?Unlike humans who carry their babies for nine whole months, cats are pregnant for one or two months.
Do cats have more bones than humans?While humans have 206 bones in their body, cats have between 230 and 250, depending on the cat. The average cat typically has 244.
What is the average lifespan of an indoor, domesticated cat?Indoor cats have an average life span of 12 or 18 years, though many cats can live into their 20s. The oldest cat (that we know of) was 38.
True or false: A cat has been to outer spaceTrue! A french feline by the name of Felicette went to space on October 18th, 1963.
Love Trivia Questions? Grab this ultimate trivia bundle!
How fast can a domesticated cat run?Believe it or not, domesticated cats can reach speeds of 30 miles per hour.
What are the three primary ways cats mark their scent?The most obvious way a cat spreads its scent is through urine marking or spraying, but cats also mark their scent by cheek-rubbing via scent glands on the face and by clawing/scratching via scent glands on their paws.
True or false: Cats are nocturnal creaturesFalse! They’re what is referred to as crepuscular, which means that they’re most active during dawn and dusk.
If you killed a cat in ancient Egypt, even by accident, what punishment would you face?Death
How many feet can a cat jump on average? Three, four, or five?Five feet! That’s vertical jump-as high diminishes, but in their youth, they can very easily access tall spaces.
True or false: Cats communicate with fellow cats via meowingFalse. Cats do not use meowing as a way to communicate with other cats-that’s a special behavior reserved for their humans!
Which part of cats is as unique as human fingerprints?Their nose print
Which American president had a cat called Socks?Bill Clinton
The house cat shares 96% of its genes with which wild big cat species?The tiger
How did a cat named Felicette make history in 1963?She became the first cat launched into space, as part of the French space program
Cats are believed to be the only mammals who can’t taste what?Sweetness
Which American writer and poet had a cat called Catarina, who was the inspiration for his story “The Black Cat”?Edgar Allan Poe
MC Skat Kat was a cartoon cat rapper who danced and sang opposite which singer on the video of the hit song “Opposite Attract”?Paula Abdul
Which cat is Lewis Carrol’s “Alice” Adventures in Wonderland” is known for its mischievous grin?The Cheshire cat.
What does a polydactyl cat have more of than usual?Toes on one or more of their paws
Which rock star had a pet cat called Delilah?Freddie Mercury
All kittens are born with what color eyes?Blue
True or false: Kittens from the same litter can have different fathers?True
What is a group of kittens called?A kindle
A kitten of what color was born in Denmark in 1995, possibly caused by high levels of copper in the water pipes or a metabolic defect?Green.
In the Garfield comic strip, what is the name of Garfield owner?Jon Arbuckle
Which poet wrote the collection of poems called “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats”?T. S. Eliot.
What is the name of Data’s pet cat in the television show “Star Trek: Next Generation”?Spot
What is a group of cats called?A clowder
What is a baby cat called?Kitten
In which 2016 movie can you see a stray ginger cat change the life of James Bowen?A street cat named Bob
How is the fluttering sound made by a cat called?A purr
In which TV show can you see a cat named Mrs. Whiskerson?Friends
What is the name of the hair used by cats to sense their environment?Whiskers
What do cats eat to make themselves vomit?Grass
What is the peculiarity of the Polydactyl cat?It has more toes than usual
Which US state does the breed “Maine Coon” come from?Maine
In the cartoon Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks’, which one is the cat?Mr. Jinks
How many teeth does a cat have?30
How many domestic cats are there in the world?500 million
What was Grumpy Cat’s real name?Tardar Sauce
How long have cats been domesticated?1,000 years
Which color was Cole from the Youtube Channel Cole and Marmalade?Black
Mrs Chippy was a ship’s cat who went on an expedition to?Antarctica
In which US State does the internet cat celebrity Lil Bub Live?Indiana
In which move could you see a cat called Orangey?Breakfast at Tiffany’s
What is the name of the Instagram star cat with a mustache: _______ the Hipster Cat”Hamilton
On average, how much does a cat sleep per day?13 to 14 hours.
How old was Creme Puff, the oldest cat in the world?38
Which one of these cats went on an adventure on a bike journey around the world?Nala
What is Garfield’s favorite food?Lasagna
True or False: Cats sweat through their paws.True
True or False: Cats can’t taste anything sweet.True
True or False: Cats have brilliant night vision.True
True or False: Cats are vegetarian mammals.False, they are carnivorous
True or False: The heaviest cat on record was 12 kg.False, he was 21 kg
What is the name of Dr. Evil’s cat in Austin Powers”?Mr Bigglesworth
In which US state did Grumpy Cat live?Arizona
True or False: Cats are more popular in the United States than dogs are?True
In Harry Potter, what is the name of the pet cat of Argus Filch?Mrs. Norris
What is the smallest breed of cats?Singapura
True or False: Cat’s can’t taste sweetness.True
True or False: Cats were first domesticated by the Ancient Egyptians.False. Some Evidence suggests that domesticated cats have been around since 3600 B.C.E. over 2,000 years before the Ancient Egyptians.
Do you have even more fun cat trivia questions? Share them in the comments so we can add them to the list.
Are you a fan of trivia? Check out our other awesome trivia questions now!
- Bible Trivia
- Easter Bible Trivia
- Chick Flick Trivia
- Winter Sports Trivia
- Outdoor Trivia
- Spring Break Trivia
- Halloween Trivia
- Thanksgiving Trivia
- Baseball Trivia
- Christmas Trivia
- Dog Trivia
- Sports Trivia
- Teen Trivia
- Trivia for Kids
- Football Trivia
- Best Trivia Questions for Kids and Adults
- Music Trivia
- History Trivia
- Valentine’s Day Trivia
- Geography Trivia Questions
- Dinosaur Trivia
- Golf Trivia
- Science Trivia
- Shark Trivia Questions and Answers
- Ocean Trivia Question and Answers
- Amazing Art Trivia
- Super Sweet Candy Trivia
- Beautiful Spring Trivia
- Horse Trivia Questions and Answers
If you’re ready to show off your trivia skills, make sure to subscribe to our email list! That way, you’ll be the first to know when we’ve added new topics for even more brain-teasing fun.
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.