Kids grow up so fast. It seems like only yesterday they were learning to crawl, and now they’re getting ready for their first day of kindergarten. One thing that never changes, though, is the excitement on a child’s face when it’s their birthday. What better way to mark the occasion than with these birthday puns?
Birthday puns are the best way to show your friends and family that you care on their special day. Whether it’s a cheesy one-liner or a funny text containing one of these birthday puns, or Magical Unicorn Jokes for Kids That Are Hysterical you will sure fine one to make the birthday girl or boy smile
What is a Pun
A pun is a figure of speech that uses two terms that are similar in sound but have different meanings. Birthday puns take advantage of this fact to create clever birthday messages.
Here are some examples of birthday puns:
Q: What did one candle say to the other?A: “Don’t birthdays just burn you up?”
Q: Why do we put candles on top of birthday cakes?A: Because it’s too hard to put them on the bottom!
Q: Did you hear about the big birthday candle sale?A: It was a big blowout!
I know birthdays get worse as you get older.But look at the bright side — not too many left now.
Q: Why do candles love birthdays so much?A: They just wanna get lit!
Forget about the past, you can’t change it.Forget about the future, you can’t predict it. Forget about the present, I didn’t get you one.
Q: What type of music is scary for birthday balloons?A: Pop music!
Q: What goes up but never comes down?A: Your age!
Q: Why are you always warmest on your birthday?A: People won’t stop toasting you!
Q: Why don’t owls exchange birthday gifts?A: They don’t give a hoot!
Q: What do you say to a female sheep on her birthday?A: Happy birthday to ewe!
Q: Why did the pirate say on his birthday?A: Arrrg! Aye, Matey!
Q: Did you hear about the birthday boy who swung his bat 100 times before finally hitting the piñata?A: He really busted his ass!
Q: Presents?A: I thought you meant you wanted my presence.
Q: How can you tell you’re really getting old?A: Your candles cost more than the cake.
Q: Does a green candle burn longer than a pink candle?A: No. They both burn shorter.
Q: What did the teddy bear say after he blew out his candles?A: No cake for me. I’m already stuffed.
Q: What does one ice cream say to the other on their birthday?A: Congrats! It’s sherbert day!
Q: When is a birthday cake like a golf ball?A: When you slice it.
Q: How do pickles celebrate their birthdays?A: They relish them.
Q: What does an elephant want for its birthday?A: A trunk full of gifts.
Q: What’s the hunter want for his birthday?A: A pheasant
Q: How do raccoons celebrate their birthdays?A: They get trashed.
Q: Did you hear about the tree crying at his birthday party?It got a little sappy.
Q: What do you call your 21st birthday?A: Your beer-thday.
One-Liner Birthday Puns
- Birthday candles don’t exercise, they burn out far too easily.
- Come on, cake my day!
- Some only dream of birthday cake, and others bake it happen.
- As a bud, you really take the birthday cake. Have an awesome one!
- If no one comes to your party you can have your cake and eat it too.
- Your birthday cake brings all the boys to the yard.
- Getting older is no piece of cake, but just try not to think of that when you’re blowing out your candles!
- You make my life so fun-fetti.
- I tried to offer a teddy bear some birthday cake but he was already too stuffed.
- I wrote a message on your birthday cake, because I thought you might like to have your cake and read it too.
- Celebrating you is a piece of cake.
- You take the cake.
- Nothing holds a candle to you.
- So glad you’re still alive and cake-ing.
- You are the apple of my eye, I think you’re awesome to the core.
- I hope you have a flantastic birthday.
- You batter believe I’m wishing you a happy birthday!
- Because it’s your birthday, I scent you your favourite perfume.
- It’s sherbet day.
- You feta have a gouda birthday (sorry if this message is too cheesy).
- Dim-sum body say it’s your birthday?
- Have a bear-y good birthday.
- Happy anni-birth-sary.
- Happy oldieth birthday!
- Sound the a-llama, it’s your birthday!
- Happy birthday dough you.
- Thanks for raisin me well, you’re a grape parent.
- Olive you.
- I hope you have a purr-fect birthday.
- Yoda best friend I could hope for. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to a paw-some buddy.
- This whole birthday thing is getting kind of old, don’t you think?
- Forget the past, you can’t change it. Forget the future too, you can’t predict it. Forget the present while you’re at it. I didn’t get you one.
- There’s nothing better than the presence of friends and family on your birthday, except from presents from friends and family.
- I wanted to write some chemistry puns in your card, but I wasn’t sure if I’d get a reaction.
- I got you some birthday chocolates, but they aren’t half as sweet as you.
- Diamonds are forever, that’s how long I’ll be paying off your birthday earrings.
- I will never dessert you.
- Let’s give you a clam-style birthday and have a big shell-ebration.
- Because it’s your birthday, alpaca my party hat.
- If you want to say happy birthday to a sheep in Spain, it’s “fleece cumpleanos.”
- I thought you meant you wanted my presence, not my presents… oops.
- It’s always warm on your birthday, because people always toast you.
- Birthdays are getting sort of old now, don’t you agree?
- I was going to get you a present, but I decided this folded paper would show how much I card about you.
- How to say happy birthday to your goldfish: tell him “I hope you have a fin-tastic day.”
- I know you were upset when I got you a My Little Pony when you asked for a real pony. But you shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
- During my speech I’m going to give you a toast of your own medicine.
- I hope you like your birthday pheasant.
- Did you know that dogs age even faster than humans? And you think you have it ruff!
- I hope you like your toast, I got a good loaf of bread for it.
- Have a howling good time at your birthday party, but don’t wolf down your birthday cake too quickly.
- Kids are so easy to buy for. My younger sister said she loves anything Frozen. I got her some frozen peas and pop tarts, can’t wait to see the look on her face.
- I said to my cat, “I’m wishing mew a happy birthday”.
- My girlfriend asked for a ring for her birthday, so I don’t know why she hung up the phone when I called.
- My girlfriend looked disappointed when I gave her a pack of cards. I don’t get why, she asked for something with diamonds in it.
- You know you’re getting old when the cake says, “candle with care.”
- Candles love birthdays. They want to get lit.
- Your birthday is what you bake it.
- Grandpa I’ve bought you a gift you’ll never be able to part with. It’s a comb.
- Age only matters when you’re cheese, and you look gouda to me.
- Have a toad-ally awesome birthday.
- You’re old, but you donut look it. Happy birthday!
- Oh ship, it’s your birthday.
- Have a pawsome birthday.
- Have a tea-rrific day.
- Have an otterly awesome birthday.
- Heard you reese-ently had a birthday. Hope it was great!
- Hap’bee birthday.
- Happy bird-day.
- You’re old, but I do not carrot all.
- Happy purr-thday.
- Hope your birthday is one in a melon.
- Have a soup-erb day.
- Miso happy it’s your birthday.
- I’m raisin a toast for your birthday.
- You’re pretty dino-mite. Happy birthday!
- Have an egg-cellent birthday.
- You feta have a gouda birthday.
- It’s your birthday — Be a little shellfish.
- Have a crab-u-lous day!
- I donut know what I would do without you. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday best tea.
- Hope you are having a turtley awesome birthday.
- Sending you s’more birthday wishes.
- Have a grate birthday in the cheesiest way possible.
- What’s the best way to remember your wife’s birthday? Forget it once.
- What’s a monster’s favorite part of a birthday party? I-scream!
- What do you get every birthday no matter what? Older.
- You know what they say: Life is what you bake it.
- Yeti or not, it’s your birthday.
- Have a grate birthday. Hope that’s not too cheesy.
- You’re not old. You’re aged to perfection.
- Have some cake and ice cream to celebrate sherbert day!
- I can’t cake my eyes off of you.
- Time to par-tea!
- You make my life so fun-fetti.
- Happy birthday. You’re one in a melon.
- Let’s taco ’bout your birthday.
- Oh ship, it’s your birthday.
Love Puns? Check these out:
- 50 Toaster Puns
- 100 Best Rodent Puns and Jokes
- Bridge Puns
- 80 Movie Theater Puns
- 45 Awesome Couch Puns For Kids
- 200 Fun Candy Jokes For Kids + Candy Puns
- 150 Chocolate Puns That Will Sweeten The Day
- The Best Tomato Puns & Jokes
- Funny Fish Puns
- 125 Birthday Puns
- 255+ Bro Puns that are Bro-Tastic
- 115 Swim-tastic Swimming Jokes for Kids + Fun Puns
- Space Puns
- Art Puns
- Pumpkin Puns for Kids
- Clock Puns
- 320+ Hilarious Gold Puns
- 275 Hippie Puns
- Ketchup Puns
- Lion Puns
- Scrumptious Muffin Puns
Don’t forget to subscribe to our email list so that you know when we add more great jokes to the site that will leave you laughing for hours!
How Do I Access My Joke Cards?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.