Your laughter will grow and grow with these clever plant riddles for kids! Grab these clean and hilarious riddles today and brighten everyone’s day!
There’s nothing like some jokes and riddles to sow the seeds of fun and laughter! Whether or not you have a green thumb, our plant riddles for kids are just what you need to make laughter bloom! You’ll love how they make you think, and each punchline will have you giggling out loud!
Our plant riddles for kids are totally clean and kid-friendly! You won’t find yourself wilting with embarrassment when you hear your kids repeating these riddles. They will want to memorize them and tell them to all of their friends!
For more unbe-leaf-able riddles, check out our beach riddles, riddles about the library, food riddles, map riddles, spring riddles, tree riddles, gold riddles, smile riddles, banana riddles, or moon riddles! There is sure to be something that you and your family love.
Do your kids love jokes?
Grab these fun joke cards for them to laugh at all the time! These make great lunch box jokes, joke card series, bedtime laughs, and more!
Grab your set now! There are over 50+ pages of jokes included! This is a digital download, so it is easy! Just download, print, and enjoy!
Plant Riddles For Kids
- Q: What tree grieves more than any other? Weeping Willow Tree.
- Q: What tree grows nearest the sea? Beech tree
- Q: A whole dale filled, but nod even one full hand? Forrest
- Q: Which animals can jump higher than a tree? All of them. Trees can’t jump!
- Q: A house with two occupants, sometimes one, rarely three. Break the walls, eat the borders, then throw me away. What am I? Peanut
- Q: What has lots of bark, but no bite? Tree
- Q: What is it plants do that rhymes with pout? Sprout
- Q: What do farmers plant that rhymes with weeds? Seeds
- Q: Why did the farmer plant a seed in his pond? He was trying to grow a water-melon.
- Q: Why shouldn’t you tell a secret on a farm? Because the potatoes have eyes and the corn has ears!
- Q: If fruit comes from a fruit tree, where does chicken come from? A poul-tree!
- Q: What did the tree say to the math teacher? Gee, I’m a tree!
- Q: What’s an elephant’s favorite vegetable? Squash!
- Q: What did the baby corn say to the mama corn? Where’s pop?
- Q: What did the nut say when it sneezed? Cashew
- Q: Why did the cabbage win the race? Because it was ahead.
- Q: Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!
- Q: What do you give to a sick lemon? Lemon aid
- Q: What did the big flower say to the small flower? “What’s up, bud?”
- Q: What do cartographers give their sweethearts on Valentine’s Day? Compass roses!
- Q: Why do frogs have webbed feet? To stamp out forest fires.
- Q: What has no fingers, but many rings? A tree
- Q: Why was the cucumber mad? Because it was in a pickle.
- Q: Why did the gardener plant light bulbs? She wanted to grow a power plant!
- Q: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims
- Q: Why is the mushroom always invited to parties? Because he’s a fungi!
- Q: Why is a tree like a big dog? They both have lot of bark!
- Q: Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day? Real rocks are too heavy.
- Q: Why can’t you iron a four-leaf clover? Because you shouldn’t press your luck.
- Q: What do you call a girl with a frog in her hair? Lily
- Q: What table that you can eat? Vegetable
- I am a plant. Every second I grow. You can not cut me or you will die. What am I? Time/Thyme.
- I am a food with 5 letters. If you remove the first letter I am a form of energy. Remove two and I’m needed to live. Scramble the last 3 and you can drink me down. What am I? Wheat
- Q: What kind of flowers are on your face? Tulips
- Q: What kind of tree fits in your hand? A palm tree
- Q: How do trees get on the internet? They log in
- You bury me when I´m alive, and dig me up only when I die. What am I? Plant
- My eye is dark, and my mane is yellow. You may see me at the mart and I’m probably taller than you, fellow. What am I? Sunflower.
- I do not eat food. But I do enjoy a light meal every day. What am I? A plant (photosynthesis).
- I am a seed with three letters in my name. Take away the last two and I still sound the same. What am I? Pea
- Q: What happened when the man fell in love with his garden? It made him wed his plants.
- I touch your face, I’m in your words, I’m lack of space and beloved by birds. -Air
- Large as a mountain, small as a pea, Endlessly swimming in a waterless sea. -Asteriods
- It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, kills laughter. –Darkness
- Can run but never walks, Has a mouth and never talks, Has a head but never weeps, Has a bed but never sleeps. -River
- Q: What breaks but never falls? Dawn
- Q: What has roots as nobody sees, Is taller than trees, Up, up it goes, And yet never grows? Mountain
- Q: What grows when it eats, but dies when it drinks? Fire
- Beautiful flowers Bloomed in the garden, Glittered colors And autumn is coming. -Astra
- The flower is yellow-golden, Like a chick, fluffy. Immediately wither from the cold Our sissy… -Mimosa
- This is a type of plant. Which sounds like something in the sky. It is very yellow And can grow to be ten feet high. -Sunflower
- First you see me in the grass dressed in yellow gay; next I am in dainty white, then I fly away. What am I? Dandelion
- Q: What kind of flowers are great friends? Rose buds
- Q: What flowers are kissable? Tulips
- A thousand colored folds stretch toward the sky, Atop a tender strand, Rising from the land, Til killed by maiden’s hand, Perhaps a token of love, perhaps to say goodbye. What am I? A flower
- All roses are flowers. Some flowers are used to make perfumes. Hence, some roses are used to make perfume. True Or False? False.
- Some flowers are used to make perfumes but lilies are not the only type of flowers.
- So it is not necessarily true that roses make perfumes.
- This thing is usually green But it’s not a plate of peas On the flag of Canada There’s a maple one of these. -Leaf
- This thing’s not a human body But it often has some veins It falls from a deciduous On evergreens it remains. -Leaf
- I’m sometimes big and sometimes small in the autumn you see me fall. What am I? -Leaf
- I am something that’s thin and flat on a branch I can be found when I’m from a deciduous in the fall I’m on the ground. What am I? –Leaf
- This is something that’s often green because of photosynthesis you might turn over a new one and it is part of a lettuce. -Leaf
- Trees have many in the summer but in winter they might have none and there’s a certain phrase that says you can turn over a new one. –Leaf
- Out in nature I can be seen, I don’t fall from an evergreen. What am I? Leaf
- I can be blown but I’m not a bubble. I drop but I’m not a tear. I come in different shapes but I’m not a snowflake. I come in different colors but I’m not a cellphone. I come from a tree but I’m not an apple. What am I? Leaf
- This is a yellow flower, which can grow to ten feet tall. It gives you seeds you can eat and is turned into oil. –Sunflower
- This is a type of plant. Very tall it can grow. It gives seeds and oil. Its color is yellow. –Sunflower
- This is a type of plant which sounds like something in the sky. It is very yellow and can grow to be ten feet high. –Sunflower
- I am something that is yellow and I grow tall like a tower. I am used for seeds and oil, I sound bright. What am I? Sunflower
- I’m yellow but I’m not a banana. I can be over ten feet tall but I’m not a giraffe. I have seeds but I’m not a lemon. I can provide oil but I’m not canola. I’m a plant but I’m not a rose. What am I? Sunflower
- I am the color purple but am I a movie? Nope! I am a type of flower. Sometimes used as scent in soap. What am I? Lavender
- Its color is a type of purple and it is a type of flower. It is sometimes the scent of products that you might use in the shower. –Lavender
- You might see this purple flower growing in fields in Provence, France. Is it in your bath products? It’s commonly used so there’s a chance. -Lavender
- I am a purple flower that you might smell in the shower. What am I? Lavender
- This is a type of plant that you might see at Christmas. It’s hung above your head and beneath it you might kiss. –Mistletoe
- I get hung but I’m not a picture. I’m green but I’m not a coat. I’m a plant but I’m not mint. I’m seen in December but I’m not a Christmas tree. I encourage people to kiss but I’m not Cupid. What am I? Mistletoe
What plant riddles do you love? Share in the comments so we can add them to the list!
Love Riddles? Check out these!
- The Best Riddles for Kids
- Rabbit Riddles for Kids
- Train Riddles for Kids
- Cowboy Riddles for Kids
- Plant Riddles for Kids
- Computer Riddles for Kids
- Back to School Riddles
- Riddles for College Students
- Candy Riddles for Kids
- Halloween Riddles for Kids
- Paint Riddles for Kids
- Thanksgiving Riddles for Kids
- Pig Riddles for Kids
- Ice Cream Riddles
- Fire Riddles for Kids
- Christmas Riddles for Kids
- Art Riddles for Kids
- Horse Riddles for Kids
- Space Riddles for Kids
- Campfire Riddles
- Penguin Riddles
- Eye Riddles
- Wind Riddles
- Sun Riddles
- Running Riddles
- Fish Riddles
- Book Riddles
- Banana Riddles
- Smile Riddles
- Dinosaur Riddles
- Dad Riddles
- Riddles for Teenagers
- Moon Riddles
- Tree Riddles
- Spring Riddles
- Map Riddles
- Food Riddles
- Library Riddles
- Beach Riddles
- Gold Riddles
- Clock Riddles
- Chair Riddles
- Smile Riddles
How Do I Access My Riddle Cards?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.