Your next game night will explode with fun when you get out our 4th of July Charades! Your family will have such a blast playing this fun acting-and-guessing game together!
4th of July Charades
Independence Day is one of my family’s favorite days of the year! We love to have a picnic with our friends and family, and then wait for it to get dark so the fireworks can begin!
These printable 4th of July Charades cards are just what you need to keep the fun going until you see those big booming fireworks in the sky!
You’ll have so much fun laughing together as you act out and guess each patriotic card!
Charades is a great family game, whether you are at home or on the go.
There are no little pieces or game boards to fuss with, so you can have fun playing anywhere!
Why I Love Charades
Charades is the perfect game when you need an easy game night!
My family loves to get out our charades cards at the end of a busy day because it’s so quick to set up.
All you need are these printable charades cards, and you are ready to start playing!
Whether you are playing with young kids, teens, or adults, charades is easily adapted to any age.
The rules are easy to follow, which makes this game simple and fun for everyone! You can play it in small or large groups, and in almost any setting!
How to Play 4th of July Charades
You can play 4th of July Charades the same way you would play most other charades games! Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Divide into two or more teams. If your group is very large, you may want to form multiple teams to help things go more smoothly.
- Determine which team will go first. You choose your favorite way to decide! You can flip a coin, have a thumb wrestle, or create your own silly method!
- The first team’s actor chooses a card and acts it out. Remember, no talking! Be careful to not use your mouth at all to make sounds or mouth the words. The rest of the team has one minute to guess. If they guess correctly, they get a point!
- If they don’t guess correctly, the other team has a chance to guess it and steal that point. There’s only one chance, so you’ll want to make sure to discuss it as a team before you make your guess.
- The game is ended when you’ve run out of cards, when everyone has had a turn, or when you’ve reached a predetermined amount of points. Whoever has the highest points wins! Why not celebrate with some prizes or treats?
Tips and Tricks for Playing 4th of July Charades
- It’s smart to go over the rules before you start playing. Making sure everyone understands them will help you avoid confusion or frustration during the game.
- Don’t forget that actors can use their hands! It can be helpful to hold up fingers to tell your team how many words to guess.
- Don’t be afraid to be a little silly! You’ll have more fun, and your team might be more successful at guessing!
- Using a timer makes it easier to keep track of each turn.
- Print your cards on cardstock and laminate them so you can use them over and over again!
Grab your 4th of July Charades
Ready to get your 4th of July Charades printable cards? Grab them right here!
4th of July Charades List
- White House
- Baked Beans
- Bottle Rockets
- Family Reunion
- Uncle Sam
- Marching Band
- Bald Eagle
- July 4th
- Independence Day
- Apple Pie
- Ice Cream
- Pinnic Basket
- Benjamin Franklin
- Liberty Bell
- God Bless America
- Potato Salad
- Corn On Cob
- Yankee Doodle
- Thirteen Colonies
- Barbecue Grill
- Soccer Ball
Did your family have fun with this game? We’d love to hear about it! Be sure to tag us on Instagram using #easyfamilyfun!
Love Charades? Try these charades games!
- Verb Charades
- Winter Charades
- 4th of July Charades
- Dinosaur Charades
- Space Charades
- Reverse Charades
- Occupation Charades
- Nature Charades
- Charades for Kids
- Zoo Charades for Kids and Adults
- Halloween Charades
- Fall Charades
- Summer Charades
- Baby Shower Charades
- Thanksgiving Charades
How Do I Access My Free Printables?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website), where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.