Winter Charades is a fun and entertaining game to play with all of your friends and family. It’s the perfect ice breaker activity that gets everyone laughing and having a great time. Just download your winter charades cards and get playing in no time.
I’ve made so many memories with my friends and family playing Charades over the years! I remember as a little kid getting so excited when it was my turn to act out the clue for my team to guess.
Charades is an easy game that helps get you out of your comfort zone and just lets you have fun with those you are playing with! Whether we are playing verb charades or winter charades, it is pretty much-guaranteed fun for everyone. It has helped me get to know my loved ones better. I love that through a fun game of charades you know who the silly ones are, the serious ones, and the competitive ones are. And let me tell you having one of each of these on your team is the best combination.
If you are playing this in the classroom you definitely want to pair it with verb charades for even more fun!
Why I love Winter Charades
Winter Charades is a game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s a great way to include everyone no matter their age or personality!
Charades is a game that will help bring out everyone’s fun personalities! No matter the category there are plenty of topics and ideas for charades that will give everyone a good laugh!
Supplies Needed to Play Winter Charades
The thing that is great about winter charades is that you don’t need much to play! This is a list of helpful things that might come in handy for winter charades.
- Winter charades printable cards
- A bowl or basket to keep the cards in while playing
- Timer, use an hourglass timer so everyone can see it.
- Dry erase board / marker to keep score.
How to Play Charades
- First, divide everyone into groups. You can play in groups or in one big group.
- Next, decide which team will go first and who will be the first actor.
- The first person will pick an idea from the Winter Charades card.
- This player will then act out the clue for their team. They will have 60 seconds (or another agreed upon time) to act out their winter charade idea. If their team guesses it within the 60 seconds their team earns a point! If they don’t the other team has one guess to try and steal the point.
- It is now the other team’s turn to go. Each team takes turns acting and guessing until all the clues are used up or until the team reaches a predetermined amount of points.
Tips For Playing Winter Charades
Here are a few tips and strategies to help you have a great time and master the game of Charades!
- Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone! You will find that being silly is part of this game.
- Keep your acting simple.
- Establish the rules before you start the game. Making sure everyone understands the rules helps the game run more smoothly. Being on the same page about the rules will help the game run smoothly.
- Be sure to not shout out a guess when it is not your team’s turn. You don’t want to help the other team score a point.
- The most important tip is to have fun! Spending time with friends and family is always meaningful when everyone is having a great time!
Ideas For Winter Charades
- Ice Ice Baby
- Walking on Thin Ice
- Break The Ice
- Bundle Up
- Catching Snowflakes on Your Tounge
- Snowball Fight
- Drinking Hot Chocolate
- Snow Angel
- Building a Snowman
- Slipping on a Patch of Ice
- Dog Sledding
- Warming by the Fire
- Putting on a Coat
- Ice Fishing
- Snow Tubing
- Black Ice
- Shoveling Snow
- Going on a Sleigh Ride
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Writing Messages in the Snow
- Scraping Ice on Car Windshield
- Frozen (movie)
- Snow Globe
- Ski LIft
- Ice Hockey
- Winter Break
- Warm Socks
- Jack Frost
- Winter Wonderland
- Hot Apple Cider
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Let it Snow
- Frosty the Snowman
- Chop Wood
- The North Pole
- Making Cookies
- The Polar Express
- Snow angel
Don’t forget to grab our winter charades cards and tag us on Instagram by using #easyfamilyfun! We can’t wait to see the fun you are having!
Love Charades? Try these charades games!
- Verb Charades
- Winter Charades
- 4th of July Charades
- Dinosaur Charades
- Space Charades
- Reverse Charades
- Occupation Charades
- Nature Charades
- Charades for Kids
- Zoo Charades for Kids and Adults
- Halloween Charades
- Fall Charades
- Summer Charades
- Baby Shower Charades
- Thanksgiving Charades
How Do I Access My Free Printables?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website), where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.