Charades is a favorite in our family, and on quiet Sunday afternoons, we love pulling out these Bible Charades ideas and playing as a family. I love that we’re spending time together and that my kids are learning more about the bible stories we all love.
My family loves Charades. We have played so many different versions, like our Kids Charades and our Winter Charades. I knew I wanted a version to help my kids learn the bible stories so that is why I was so excited for these bible charades.
We love Charades for so many reasons. All my kids love playing together and working to guess the clue. It’s physical and gets our kids moving, while also being cooperative. I love that we get to spend more time together, before all my kids run off to do their own thing, and that the charade ideas always get us talking and laughing.
Why I Love Charades Games
Charades are an awesome way to help gather the family together. Time spent together is one of my favorite things, and Charades games are perfect for that.
I also love that my kids are learning teamwork and healthy competition. No matter who wins or loses, we are all having fun and that’s what’s important. I love that my kids are learning how to be a good sport while playing with the family.
Charades are also a great way to start conversations. The ideas will naturally bring up questions and we all get to learn together as a family. It’s a great way to introduce new concepts to your family!
Ultimate Charades Bundle!
Grab our ultimate charades bundle that includes over 23 charades games for one very low price! Your friends and family will love playing charades at all your get together and parties!
How To Play Charades
Charades is one of the easiest games to play! All you have to do is print out the cards, and you’re basically ready to go.
Split into teams. One person from the team chooses the top card and then has 1 minute to act out the clue that is on the card. Their team tries to guess what they are acting out. If they get it right they get 1 point. If your team does not get it right within the 1 minute time frame the other team gets 1 guess to get the answer correct. If they guess correclty, they get 1 point.
It’s also fun to have more than one team acting out at a time. Teams will be yelling their answers over each other, and things might get a little chaotic! But your family will be laughing in no time.
Benefits Of Charades
There are so many benefits of playing charades.
- Kids learn to work in a team.
- Families learn more about healthy competition and being a good sport.
- Conversations happen naturally about the bible charades ideas and families learn together.
- Your family will be laughing together in no time!
Tips And Tricks
- Have older siblings pair up with younger siblings, especially if young kids can’t read.
- Be sure to go over all the rules before you start so that everyone has a good time and understands the rules of the game.
- Don’t be afraid of getting a little silly! Have fun with your acting.
- If you know your family will want to play this charades game over and over, print the cards on cardstock and laminate them to make them extra sturdy.
Bible Charades Ideas
I know your family is going to love these Bible Charades ideas. Grab your bible charades cards here. Just download, print them out, and have fun!
- The Good Samaritan
- God Creates the Trees
- Noah Builds the Ark
- Plague of Frogs in Egypt
- Gideon’s Fleece
- Moses Parting the Water
- David Slays Goliath
- Do Not Kill
- Noah’s Ark
- Parting of the Red Sea
- David and Goliath
- John the Baptist
- Noah Sending Out a Dove
- Peter Hearing the Cock Crow
- God Creating Light
- Samson Growing Strong
- Judas Receiving Money
- Jesus Feeding the People
- Anna Seeing Baby Jesus
- Wise Men Meeting Herod
- The Prodigal Son
- Adam and Eve
- Praise the Lord
- Nehemiah Rebuilds the Wall
- The 12 Disciples
- You Shall Not Murder
- Holy Spirit
- Mary and Joseph
- Peter Escapes from Prison
- Wise Men Following the Star
- The Tower of Babel
- The Lost Sheep
- Joseph Being Warned to Flee
- Mary Visiting Elizabeth
- Gabriel Telling Mary the News
- Baby Jesus Being Born
- Women Finding the Tomb Empty
- Noah Building the Ark
- Noah Seeing the Rainbow
- Goliath Threatening the Israelites
- Moses Seeing the Burning Bush
- Pharaoh’s Daughter Finding Moses
- Pharaoh Chasing the Israelites
- Do Not Steal
- Do Not Covet
- Joseph is Sold into Egypt
- THe Donkey Talks to Balaam
- Plague of Flies in Egypt
- Praise the Lord
- Daniel is Cast into the Lion’s Den
- Wise Men Giving Gifts to Jesus
- Peter Following Jesus When He Called
- Shepherds Visiting Jesus
- Simeon Meeting Jesus
- Jesus Calms the Storm
- Jordan River
- Parable of the Sower
- Fruit of the Spirit
- Paul the Tentmaker
- Joseph’s Brothers Putting Him Into a Pit
- Do Not Make Any Graven Images (Idols)
- Jesus Riding Into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday
- Ruth Gleaning in the Barley Fields
- Man Shall Not Live on Bread Alone
- Moses and the Burning Bush
- Mary and Joseph Finding No Room at the Inn
- Noah’s Ark Floating in the Storm
- Jonah is Swallowed by a Great Fish
- The Lord Calls to the Young Boy Samuel
- Aaron Makes a Golden Calf to Worship
- Building the Tower of Babel
- Samson Pulls Down the Building Walls
- Noah Puts the Animals on the Ark
- The Garden of Eden
- God Creates the Sun, Moon and Stars
- Poisonous Snakes Bite the Israelites
- Ruth Stays with Her Mother-In-Law, Naomi
- Honor Your Father and Your Mother
- Moses Hits the Rock and Water Comes Out
- Daniel Prays despite the Law and Is Caught
- Joseph Explaining Pharoah’s Dream
- Abraham Talking with Special Guests
- Shepherd’s Telling Everyone the News
- Jesus Changes the Water to Wine
- An Angel Warning the Wise Men
- The Walls of Jericho Came Crashing Down
- Paul Meeting Jesus on the Road to Damascus
- The Walls of Jericho Came Crashing Down
- Jonah Being Swallowed by a Great Fish
- Daniel Chooses Not to Eat the King’s Rich Food
- The Lord Sends Quail to the Israelites
- Moses Sees the Burning Bush
- Moses Is Put in a Basket Among the Rushes
- Moses Reading the 10 Commandments
- Joseph Wearing a Coat of Many Colors
- Zacchaeus Climbing a Tree to See Jesus
- Joseph, Mary and Jesus Fleeing to Egypt
- Adam and Eve Leaving the Garden of Eden
I hope your family loved these bible charades cards as much as mine did! When you use these, be sure to tag #easyfamilyfun when you post about them so we can see all the fun you had together.
Love Charades? Try these charades games!
- Verb Charades
- Winter Charades
- 4th of July Charades
- Dinosaur Charades
- Space Charades
- Reverse Charades
- Occupation Charades
- Nature Charades
- Charades for Kids
- Zoo Charades for Kids and Adults
- Halloween Charades
- Fall Charades
- Summer Charades
- Baby Shower Charades
- Thanksgiving Charades
- New Year’s Eve Charades
- St. Patrick’s Day Charades
- Springtime Charades Ideas
- Birthday Charades
- Princess Charades
- Bible Charades
- Mother’s Day Charades
- Easter Charades
- Animal Charades
- Food Charades
- Festive Kid’s Christmas Charades
- Picture Charades
- Camp Charades
- Springtime Charades
How Do I Access My Free Printables?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website), where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.