Summer is will be here soon and it is the perfect time for some fun party games! This Summer Charades is a fun game to play all year long, but they are especially perfect for summertime. Just download, print, and play!
If your family always looks forward to summer like me. These summer charades are perfect and a great opportunity to have some fun with the kids and bond with them. Summer Charades is a game where players act out summer ideas while the others are trying to guess the name.
Why I Love Charades
Charades is one of my all-time favorite games. There’s something about the challenge of acting out a word or phrase without speaking that really gets my competitive juices flowing. But it’s not just the competition that I love – it’s also for the camaraderie. Playing charades with family and friends always leads to lots of laughs and memories that I’ll never forget.
How to Play Summer Charades
- Divide into two or more teams. If your group is very large, you may want to form multiple teams. If you only have two people, that’s okay too! You can take turns guessing each other’s cards.
- Decide which team will go first. You can decide this however you want! Flip a coin, see who can hop on one foot the longest, or create your own silly method!
- To start the game, an actor from the first team chooses a card and then acts it out without using their mouth at all, not even to mouth words. The rest of the team has just one minute to guess. If they guess correctly within a minute, they get a point! Hooray!
- If they don’t guess it correctly, the other team has one chance to guess it and steal the point. Remember you only get one guess, so make it a good one! You might want to decide together as a team what your guess will be.
- The game ends when you’ve run out of cards, when everyone has had a turn to act, or when you’ve reached a predetermined amount of points. Whoever has the highest points wins! Time to celebrate with some treats or prizes!
Tips and Tricks for Playing SummerCharades
- To avoid any confusion or frustration during the game, I recommend going over the rules as a group before playing to make sure everyone understands them.
- Using a timer can help you keep track of each turn.
- Use your hands! Actors can tell their team how many words to guess by holding up that many fingers.
- Don’t be afraid to get silly when it’s your turn to be the actor! Your team will have an easier time guessing, and you’ll have a lot more fun!
- Print your cards on cardstock and laminate them so you can use them over and over again!
Summer Charades Ideas List
- Fly a kite
- Icecream Sundae
- Summer camp
- Beach ball
- Sand bucket
- Water gun
- Water wings
- Swimming lessons
- Banana split
- Climbing a tree
- Play hide and seek
- Water skiing
- Grilling hotdogs
- Ride a bike
- Flip Flops
- Strawberry picking
Love Charades? Try these charades games!
- Verb Charades
- Winter Charades
- 4th of July Charades
- Dinosaur Charades
- Space Charades
- Reverse Charades
- Occupation Charades
- Nature Charades
- Charades for Kids
- Zoo Charades
- Halloween Charades
- Fall Charades
- Summer Charades
How Do I Access My Free Printables?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website), where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.